The United States Naval Force in Europe maintains a crucial role in most NATO Maritime Joint-Training…… Maneuver and Exercises — as of recent time in Dynamic Manta in the Mediterranean Sea, the southern coast of Italy.
The exercise accentuates the aims on increasing the interoperability and proficiency in multi-dimensional-facet of the Naval capacities, Anti-Submarine and Anti-Surface Warfare in NATO member states. Dynamic Manta was also carried out in 2015 and 2016, with the similar objectives. This time it is hosted by Italy, led by NATO and being executed from March 13 to 25.
USS Porter (DDG 78) transits the Mediterranean Sea, March 9, 2017 © U.S Navy/Mass Communication Specialist 3rd Class Ford Williams
Announced by the U.S Naval Forces in Europe/Africa, the United States has, in addition to the Naval units, provided:
- The Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Porter (DDG 78) “Freedom’s Champion”
- A nuclear powered attack submarine assigned to Commander,
- Task Force CTF 69, two P-8A Poseidons assigned to CTF 67
- And one P-3 Orion from the U.S. Navy’s 6th Fleet Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing 11.
“Exercise Dynamic Manta is an excellent way for NATO allies to build resilient warfare capabilities, including anti-submarine warfare capabilities, through realistic training and challenging scenarios. The chance to participate in an exercise that enhances NATO’s overall multi-lateral operations is a tremendous opportunity, and we look forward to working with all of the participating nations.” Highlighted Commander Andria Slough, Commanding Officer of the USS Porter (DDG 78) March 14, 2017 ©U.S Naval Forces Europe/Africa
Participants are also Standing NATO Maritime Group 2, Task Unit U02 (SNMG2 TU02); the Naval Forces of: Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Norway, Spain, Turkey, UK and the U.S.
- News from U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria News from U.S Army Europe
- News from U.S Naval Forces Europe-Africa
- News from U.S Air Force Europe-Africa News from The 7th Army Training
- News from Army’s 7th Mission Support Command
- News from NATO Allied Maritime Command
Sources:U.S Naval Europe/Africa, NATO Maritime Public Affairs Follow us @USEUWAffair