The United States of America with Europe
A view to U.S European Command and its enduring partnerships with Europe
By Catherine Stella Schmidt
Within the NATO and Transatlantic Relations the U.S European Command is working closely with its European partners:
- To maintain Peace and Security in Europe;
- To work with its European Allies in solving global issues;
- To provide Diplomatic, Military and Humanitarian interventions in the crisis and conflicts zones, in order to prevent the up rise and escalations of them that could otherwise expand to Europe and to the rest of the world.
The U.S European Command also provides the largest and most prominent Military Training and Cultural Exchange Center, in partnership with die Bundeswehr, for Training, Updating, Joint Exercise and the Military Maneuvers. Most European Armed-Forces are taking part in these programmes.
It is important to note that up to present day, the European and especially German Armed Forces are the largest Military stationed in the United States for various Exercises and other Military liaisons exchange programmes.
There has been explicitly a great desire announced by the United States to welcome more in U.S, the European Armed-Forces for forming closer partnerships and joint Military programmes which could lead to the crystallization of NATO’s latest strategy on the Smart-Defence and the joint Forces.
The U.S Command in Europe, simultaneously, is engaged in other Missions:
- Helping people: helping to build self-sustaining capability in the Eastern Europe and other locations that are recovering from conflicts or war.
- And working with its European inter-governmental, International as well as NGO partners by providing Humanitarian and Financial assistance to help rebuild stability and prosperity for the conflicts or natural disaster affected Countries.
The latest illustrative projects in the recent years are:
- Help for flood relief in Poland, Serbia, Albania and Moldova
- Water pumps in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 44 school renovations, 28 hospital/clinic renovations and equipment upgrades, 33 emergency services/water related upgrades in Romania
The U.S-European Ready Forces
The U.S European Ready Forces were established under NATO frameworks for supporting the Allied.
The Unit has the combination of : US Army Europe, US Marine Force Europe, US Naval Forces Europe, US Air-Forces in Europe and the Special Operational Command.
It has the Rapid Deployable Unit for the Contingency Operation that works in a coordinated scheme and approach with its European partners.
The Operational Capability:
- The Ready Forces can establish and foster Regional Partners for NATO Missions, inter alia, Combat, Counterinsurgency Operations, Cyber Security and Logistics;
- Can provide the most updated Military Training to its European and Coalition partners for synchronizing the joint Forces and the efforts;
- The Unit has a wide range of engagements in the Peace Operations within the NATO missions.
- And has a Fast Responding capabilities, at the same time, to provide Humanitarian Assistance in the Natural or War/Conflicts disasters areas.
Source: US EUCOM/US Army Europe
View the recent published articles:
US-European Naval Forces in the Sea Breeze 2016
The Sea Breeze 2016 has been launched in the Black Sea, with the main objectives of enhancing:
- Allied Combat Skills,
- and the Regional Security in the context of Air, Land and Sea.
There are 13 participant Nations from: Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Italy, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Ukraine, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States in this Training Exercise to maximize their joint capabilities. The United States also provides most required Military assets to execute this Training.
Additional Reference: Sea Breeze 2016 Opening Ceremony July 25
Sources: U.S Naval Forces Europe/Africa
U.S Army with European Armed-Forces……the centuries of the most closest Partnerships, and the shared Values from General Marquis de La Fayette to the recent time.
Exercise Swift Response 16
With more than 5000 Soldiers and Airmen from 10 NATO Allied Armed-Forces, Swift Response 16 was one of the greatest Multi-National Military Crisis Response Training for Airborne Forces. The Training was executed in Poland and Germany from May 27- June 26, with a successful outcomes.
The Armed -Forces participating in this Training-Exercise were from: Belgium, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain and the United States.
The Overall objective in the Exercise was formulated to:
- Enhance the Readiness of the Combat Core of the U.S. Global Response Force
- Conduct Rapid-Response
- Joint-Forcible Entry
- Follow-on Operations alongside Allied High-Readiness Forces in Europe (described by the U.S Army Europe)
June 13, 2016 © 7th Army Training Command
Source: U.S Army Europe
U.S Army with Europe
U.S Army and European Armed Forces …………’Strong Europe’
December 2015© 7th Army JMTC: “A Unified Command”
The Supreme Allied Commander Europe, U.S. Air Force Gen. Philip M. Breedlove, received NATO Meritorious Service Medal for his outstanding leadership.
Gen. Breedlove assumed the position as the Commander of European Command and Supreme Allied Commander in 2013– during the high challenging time in NATO history after the cold war era.
Among many high caliber achievements of Gen Breedlove are his success in:
- Bringing all NATO member States and Partners in a closer cooperation in the Collective Defense and Solidarity fronts
- Upgrading the capabilities of most European Armed-Forces with the latest Defense Technology
- Increasing the interoperability of the members of the Alliance
- And Advancing, considerably, the degree of the Readiness and Responsiveness of NATO Forces on the Land, in the Air and at Sea
As a result NATO is far more stronger, today, than ever……
The U.S Air Forces Europe in NATO Training Exercise Real Thaw
The U.S Air Force from Europe participated in one of NATO’s recent Training Exercise ‘Real Thaw’ hosted by Portuguese Armed-Forces. The Training aimed to upgrade the participants Nations’ skills in the non-Combat Operations while increasing the Allied Interoperability and effectiveness in both Offensive and Defensive Air Operations.
The Real Thaw was carried out from February 22- March 3, with the participation of Air Forces from Belgium, Denmark, France, Norway, Portugal, Spain, the Netherlands, the United States, and other NATO Forces.
“It’s an incredible opportunity to be here in Portugal,” “We’re excited to be here working side by side with our NATO Allies honing our Joint Air Interoperability as well as Tactical Skills.” stated Lt. Col. Rob Fowler, from U.S 493rd Fighter Squadron Operations Supervisor.
“Real Thaw gives us the opportunity to train and learn from other Countries experiences,” “Here we are able to effectively learn how to use each other’s assets and how to play together if there is ever a time we come together in a Deployed Theater.” expressed Officer Buzzer from 301st Portuguese Air Base F-16M Pilot.
See more news from the U.S Air Forces Europe-Africa
The U.S Army and the Alabama National Guard Train EULEX in Kosovo
The Army and U.S National Guard have been holding as well an important role– particularly in the areas of Training and upgrading the EULEX capabilities.
In the ongoing process of Enhancement, in August 2015 the U.S. Army EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) technicians form the Alabama National Guard’s 666th, held a special Training for the Security Officers of the Close Protection Force from the European Union Rule of Law Mission in Kosovo ‘EULEX’s CPF’ on Camp Bondsteel.
The Training was formulated to upgrade, the Close Protection Force Unite of the EULEX, with the latest techniques on how to detect the explosive devices including the IEDs
See news from Strong Europe, by EU Army Europe
Natural Disaster Rescue Effort in Kosovo
U.S Army Aviation with the Army Multinational Battle Group-East (Army Reserve and National Guard Soldiers from California,Connecticut and Florida) and Swiss aviators entered in the Rescue Effort Operation in the fire disaster area in Kosovo on 29th of August to stop the fire and save lives.
More than 47,000 gallons of water were dropped to the affected area by helicopters.
The Operation was part of U.S Army Europe which supports the European Armed-Forces in all category of emergencies including war, conflicts and Natural disaster.
Rapid Trident the U.S Army Europe-led Cooperative Training Exercise
From 20-31 July 2015 the U.S Army in Europe conducted a joint Exercise with its European Counterparts.
Rapid Trident, was part of U.S Army Europe that had its Training intensity on Peacekeeping and Stability Operations.
There were over 1800 members of Armed-Forces from 18 EU States as well as Canada.
Participating Armed-Forces were from: Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Estonia, Georgia, Germany, Great Britain, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Norway, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukrainian and the U.S.
©US Army Europe
General Breedlove expressed his gratitude to Spain for its new commitment to NATO and the security of Europe
“I strongly welcome the Spanish commitment of PATRIOT missiles and troops to the NATO deployment in southern Turkey,”
“The Alliance’s southern border is located in a difficult neighbourhood and considerable instability remains in Syria and across the region. Spain’s clear demonstration of Alliance solidarity is critically important to the people of Turkey and for all members of the Alliance,” concluded General Breedlove.
The Patriot missile Defense System has been placed by NATO in Turkey since 2012, in response to request made by Turkish government.
The mission was launched by the United States, Deutschland and Netherlands who are providing the main Military assets for this NATO-led Mission.
Following the decision made by the Ministry of Defense of Spain in mid-September 2014, Spain has also announced to join the Allied in Patriot Missile Defense mission in Turkey.
All the materials on US-EU World Affairs (articles, news, photos, videos, media) are from various Governmental Agencies and are strictly Copy-righted. Redistribution, reproduction, copying, or linking the content of this organization, in any kind, are prohibited by Law.
All rights reserved.