Austria and its Leadership in NATO……in Europe and in the World
EUFOR Operation Althea was launched in December 2004 to replace (SFOR) the NATO-led Stabilizing Force in Bosnia Herzegovina. Since then the Austrian Armed Forces have been in the front line holding the leadership in EUFOR.
Earlier this month, from October 1st the 5 days International exercise Quick Response 2016 was executed under Austrian Military leadership in the western part of Banja Luka, in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The EUFOR Multinational Battalion, the Intermediate Reserve Force from United Kingdom, the Tactical Reserve from KFOR, the Armed Forces Bosnia-Herzegovina, Portugal and Hungary have been taking part in it. The exercise aimed to enhance the close cooperation and interoperability of multinational Military units in EUFOR for maintaining security and rapid response in crisis.
October 6, 2016 © Austrian Armed-Forces
Sources: The Austrian Armed-Forces/EUFOR
The Leadership of Austria and its Armed-Forces in the World-1
Highly rich with European heritage, Austria is the centre of Europe with its Capital city ‘Vienna’ the heart of Culture, History and Music, Literature, Science and Technology–since centuries ago.
In Political domain– Vienna holds also the key role not only in European Territory but also in the International Affairs. As of current time, Vienna has the Seats of over 16 United Nations main Organizations, with more of other International Orgs and Institutions. International Organizations in Vienna
In the Military sphere, the Austrian Armed-Forces has a major Leading Role in NATO, EU, UN Operations– deployed in various parts of the World for maintaining Peace and Security.
A glimpse into the recent years’ Austrian Armed-Forces Global engagements
- In KFOR Kosovo as part of International Security Force since 1999
- In Bosnia and Herzegovina as part of European Force in Operation Althea since 2004
- In UNIFIL Lebanon as part of UN Peacekeeping Force since 2011
- In Central African Republic as the Military Adviser in EU Deployment Mission
- In Ukraine part of OSCE as Military Observer in Monitoring Mission
- Kosovo in Operation Reserve ORF
- Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan RSM
- Republic of Congo as part of EU mission EUSEC RD Congo
- Western Sahara in MINURSO UN Mission
- Mali in EU Training Mission EUTM-Mali
- Croatia in RACVIAC Mission
- Cyprus in UNFICYP (UN Peacekeeping)
- Middle East in UN Truce Supervision Organization UNTSO
- Georgia in EU Military Observer and Monitor Mission EUMM
The Austrian National Day October 26
The Austrian National Day , by the Austrian Diplomatic Mission to the U.S
Austrian Military Leadership in Peacekeeping Operations
Austria is an active participant of European Forces in the United National Peacekeeping Operations. Since 1960 up to present day there have been 100,000 Military personnel from the Austria, deployed and served, in over 50 Peacekeeping and Humanitarian Operations in the various parts of the world.
The Elite Units of Austrian Army
May 2014 ©Austrian Army
October 26 the National Day of Austria
All the materials on US-EU World Affairs.com (articles, news, photos and Media) are copy-righted. Redistribution, reproduction, copying, or linking the content of this organization, in any kind, are strictly prohibited by Law.
All rights reserved 2015-2016.