The Leadership of the United Kingdom in NATO….. in Europe…… and in the World
The UK Royal Air Force Tornado GR4 in Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada, USA.
The RAF fast Jet was, among 150 Aircraft taking part in the Exercise, hosted by the United States Air Force 2014© The Ministry of Defence UK
Nov 24 2016 ©UK Foreign Office
Additional: Defence Secretary announces UK-French missile cooperation November 2016
- News from PM Theresa May News from UK Foreign Office
- News from PM Tony Blair’s International Organisations
- News from Chancellor Philip Hammond
- News from UK Armed Forces News from UK Royal Navy
Throughout the centuries, with the renown stance at seas, most of which resulted in discoveries and establishing……..nations on the new and the unknown territories, the United Kingdom’s Royal Navy holds the golden chapters in the Naval history.
In our current era the Royal Navy– still is positioned as the leading Force to protect, not only the European waters but in the wider scope the international maritime security, next to the United States.
A view to the essential contributions of Royal Navy in the recent years of NATO and EU Maritime Security operations:
- News from UK Royal Navy News from UK Armed-Forces
- News from Foreign Office News from PM Tony Blair Foundation
- News from Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond
Video courtesy of the Royal Navy By Catherine Stella Schmidt
Secretary of State for Defence Michael Fallon hosted a UN Peacekeeping Defence Ministerial in London on 8 September 2016. The participants from 80 countries agreed to provide more supports for the UN Peacekeeping missions and the Humanitarian interventions.
- To improve the planning of peacekeeping operations – so the UN can better match requirements to capabilities;
- To implement the pledges made back in September – to guarantee the UN can continue to field its force in the future;
- To up the performance of peacekeepers so UN forces are: better-led and better-trained; better balanced – with more women participating; and more capable of protecting civilians on the ground – including by implementing the Women, Peace and Security agenda and preventing incidents of sexual exploitation and abuse. Announced by the UK MOD Sep 7 2016
- Additional: Opening Speech by Secretary of State for Defence The Rt Hon Michael Fallon
- Speech delivered by Baroness Anelay, Minister of State for the UN, at the UN Peacekeeping Defence Ministerial in London on 8 September 2016
The UK Royal Navy and its Global Leadership
The United Kingdom, with the longest Naval history of Supremacy at Seas and the Oceans from the 9th Century onward, has an exceptional role– an eminent Leadership to exert in European Naval Force in Operation Atalanta, the EU Naval Force in Operation Sophia, in the NATO’s counter-piracy Mission Operation Ocean Shield and in recent NATO Operation in the Aegean Sea.
The Main Missions of the Royal Navy
- Providing Security at Sea
- Fostering International l Partnerships
- Preventing Conflict
- Maintaining the Readiness for Deployments
- Protecting the Security of Transportation for UK, Europe and the Allies
- And the Humanitarian Relief Operations
The Royal Navy in fostering International Partnerships
2014© Royal Navy
The United Kingdom’s Leadership in NATO
On April 14 NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg travelled to London and met with Prime Minister David Cameron. The meeting incorporated discussion on range of issues that are challenging Europe, the subject of Global Security and the Nuclear Proliferation. The two leaders also discussed on the upcoming NATO Summit in July
Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg highlighted that the World in a more unpredictable chart, NATO counts on the United Kingdom’s Leadership in addressing these challenges and combating with the threats. He also thanked United Kingdom for its crucial leadership in NATO’s Collective Defense and the UK’s leading contribution to NATO which is the second to the U.S.
“NATO and the European Union are two organisations which are vital and which are working closely together in many different areas, and I would welcome even closer cooperation,” stated Secretary General April 14, 2016 © NATO
In early March this year, Prime Minister Cameron announced an additional contribution to NATO’s recent Mission –by deployment of the Royal Naval Ship Mounts Bay in support of NATO Operation to the migrant crisis in the Aegean Sea
UK Royal Marines in the NATO Exercise Trident Juncture
October 9, 2015 ©NATO
Trident Juncture 2015
NATO Trident Juncture is a comprehensive Training Exercise with over 36,000 Military personnel from 30 Allied and Partner Nations added with 12 International Organizations, Aid Agencies and non-governmental Institutions.
The exercise is being executed in several locations and regions:
- The Atlantic Ocean
- The Mediterranean Sea
- Italy, Portugal, Spain, Norway, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands
June 25 2016
UK Armed-Forces Day
London Poppy Day, in its tenth year, is the country’s largest one-day street collection event, raising money to fund the Legion’s work supporting military personnel, veterans and their families. In 2014, troops and volunteer collectors last year raised £1.25m in the one day marathon appeal. ©UK Army
All the materials on US-EU World Affairs including the media (articles, news, photos, videos, links) are from various Governmental Agencies and are strictly copy-righted. Redistribution, reproduction, copying, or linking the content of this organization, in any kind, are prohibited by Law.
All rights reserved.