U.S National Guard and its State Partnership Program-2 D.C National Guard
The State Partnership Program (SPP) initiated originally by Department of Defense in 1991, is a solid joint project with the State Department.
The program was officially established in 1993, is mainly implemented by the National Guard of every U.S States, territories, and the District of Colombia, as currently partnering with 89 nations across the different continents.
Added to military engagements, the partnership also includes diplomatic, economic development, and capacity building plans.
The National Guard of District of Colombia has been in partnership with Jamaica (Western Hemisphere) since 1999. This partnership incorporates the completion of almost 20 engagements a year on a mutually benefited outcome.
The integral part of these engagements are highlighted as follows:
- Military training and exercises;
- Military police training and domestic security, counternarcotic;
- Border, port and aviation security;
- Training against violent extremist organizations;
- Detect, mitigation, and respond to natural/human-made disasters;
- Humanitarian assistance and disaster relief;
- Crisis management;
- Medical, dental training, as well as the combat medical events.
In February 2019 the D.C National Guard expanded its SPP by forming an additional partnership with Burkina Faso (West Africa).
“The D.C. National Guard is proud to be a part of the multi-faceted relationship between the United States and Burkina Faso,”
“I am confident that the D.C. National Guard and Burkina Faso will benefit from the extraordinary talents, skills and experiences each will bring to this exciting partnership”, expressed Army Maj. Gen. William J. Walker, D.C. National Guard Commanding General. ©U.S Army February 4 2019 ©D.C National Guard
More Army news on D.C National Guard State partnership Program with Burkina Faso
Expanded engagements in Burkina Faso, Promoting Prosperity and Growth
News from: U.S Army Europe and Africa U.S National Guard U.S Embassy Jamaica
- News from US Naval Forces Europe-Africa
- The U.S. Army Reserve’s 7th Mission Support Command
- News from U.S Air Force Europe-Africa
- News from The 7th Army Training
- U.S Mission NATO U.S European Command U.S Embassy Burkina Faso
- U.S Brussels Media Hub D.C National Guard
- U.S African Command follow us: @USEUWAffairs