French Naval Force in Operation Atalanta-1
The history of France, like the United Kingdom, Spain, the Netherlands and other Europeans…. echos centuries of successful and highly advanced Naval Forces which reigned…… and has possessed the Oceans and the Seas. In the recent years– in the European counter-piracy Operation, France has been contributing a vital part from early 2009.
Frigate La Fayette © EU NAVFOR
On September 28, the French Navy redeployed its Frigate La Fayette in Operation Atalanta to join the other European Naval Forces in the EU NAVFOR for the ongoing Operation. Marking it not the first time, the multi-task Naval vessel carrying the name of General la Fayette has been previously in several rotational terms deployed in EU NAVFOR for combating the piracy and reinforcing the Maritime Security in the Indian Oceans and gulf of Aden.
- Additional: Atalanta : Le patrouilleur L’Adroit entre en Atalanta
- EU NAVFOR Force Commander Visits French Frigate La Fayette
- The Swedish warship Carlskrona to a warm welcome from the French Frigate La Fayette
- News from French Navy
- News from French Armed-Forces
- News from Spanish Navy News from Spanish Armed-Forces
- News from UK Royal Navy News from the Netherlands Royal Navy
Sources: EU NAVFOR/Marine nationale