U.S National Guard State Partnership Program-3 Iowa National Guard
The National Guard’s State Partnership Program (SPP) aspires to accentuate on building mutual, and enduring relationships between the National Guard states and territories with the partner countries. Under this program, the United States provides a wide range of assistance and aids to the partner countries, including:
- Capacity building;
- Military and security training;
- Helping to establish and develop the democratic and accountable civil and governmental institutions and offices;
- Public safety;
- Assisting in economic development and growth.
The Iowa National Guard and its SPP with Kosovo dates back to 2011. The partnership’s goals are additionally in the fields of military and security cooperation, education, economic and business development in both public and private sectors, agriculture and market. Along with this program, the Iowa National Guard has been serving in KFOR , the NATO-led Operation for peace and stability in Kosovo since 1999.
As the recent fruition of this partnership, in January 2021 the government of Kosovo signed a memorandum to deploy the Kosovo Security Force to missions overseas jointly with the IOWA National Guard.
More news on Iowa National Guard its SPP with Kosovo:
- Iowa National Guard strengthens bonds with Kosovo through State Partnership Program
- Iowa KFOR Soldiers train with RQ-20 Puma
- SPP brings Kosovo delegates to Iowa National Guard, U.S Air National Guard
- Iowa Sister States with Kosovo
- U.S Army Europe and Africa US Naval Forces Europe-Africa
- The U.S. Army Reserve’s 7th Mission Support Command
- U.S Air Force Europe-Africa
- The 7th Army Training U.S Mission NATO U.S European Command
- U.S Brussels Media Hub U.S African Command
- U.S Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
- The Command Sergeant Major of U.S. Army Europe-Africa
- SecArmy Iowa Sister States follow us: @USEUWAffairs
*Acknowledgment: The historical facts in this article are from U.S National Guard, Iowa National Guard, U.S Army. By Catherine S. Schmidt, Editor in Chief (Copyrighted material)