The U.S Army, Nebraska National Guard, and the Combined Joint Task Force – Horn of Africa (CJTF-HOA) worked around the clock to help restoring the water supply and the drinking water pipe in Djibouti village in Horn of Africa. The project which started in December 2021 was completed in a short period of time with the helping hand of the locals from the Chabelley village in the Arta region of Djibouti.
“Our effort is about much more than fixing a well. It is about demonstrating that we care about our partners and we want our relationship to last.” expressed 1st Lt. Fortson, construction management officer, 712th ESC U.S Army.
- News from: U.S KFOR Regional Command East
- U.S Army Europe and Africa U.S Mission NATO
- US Naval Forces Europe-Africa
- U.S Air Force Europe-Africa The 7th Army Training
- U.S European Command U.S African Command
- Combined Joint Task Force – Horn of Africa (CJTF-HOA)
Acknowledgments: Image: U.S. Army Soldiers from the 712th Engineer Support Company (712th ESC), Combined Joint Task Force – Horn of Africa in Chabelley Village, Djibouti, Dec. 22, 2021©U.S. Army National Guard/ Spc. Gauret Stearns. Sources: National Guard, Spc. Gauret Stearns/U.S Army/Combined Joint Task Force – Horn of Africa (CJTF-HOA). By Editor in Chief, Catherine S. Schmidt