The Sea Breeze 2016 has been launched in the Black Sea, with the main objectives of enhancing:
- Allied Combat Skills,
- and the Regional Security in the context of Air, Land and Sea.
There are 13 participant Nations from: Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Italy, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Ukraine, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States in this Training Exercise to maximize their joint capabilities. The United States also provides most required Military assets to execute this Training.
Additional Reference: Sea Breeze 2016 Opening Ceremony July 25
The Netherlands Government is determined to eradicate Landmines within 10 years in more than 13 Countries in the World
‘The devastating impact of landmines doesn’t stop when the violence ends. Emergency workers are left unable to reach the places where they’re needed, refugees can’t return home and farmers can’t access their land. Before peace and stability can return, these deadly things have to be cleared away.’ Explained Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation Minister Lilianne Ploumen July 20, 2016 © The MFA of the Netherlands
The Netherlands is one of the largest donors when it comes demining, and wants to see Landmines eradicated within 10 years. The Dutch government will provide its full support in 3 Major Demining Projects in 13 Countries in the Word. Announced the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
In the last last 4 years, Worldwide, the Netherlands has:
- Demined almost 52 million m2 of Land
- Educated more than 2 million people about the dangers of Landmines
- Provided support to more than 5,000 families of victims by the Landmines
- And purchased/provided 114 Ambulances, Trained over 425 Nurses to care for the Landmine victims July 20, 2016 © The MFA of the Netherlands
News from PM Mark Rutte
News from MFA of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
News from Dutch Armed-Forces